Makeup Products For Oily Skin
If you’re looking for makeup products for oily skin, you may have noticed that many types of makeup makes oily skin even oilier or that it tends to cause acne. You may also be tempted to use a lot of makeup to try to disguise the fact that your skin is oily or to try to hide pimples or other blemishes. You don’t need to do that, though, and in fact it may make matters worse. We’ll give you some tips for using makeup with oily skin and also let you know what types of makeup and other skin care products to look for and what brand we like best.
Oily Skin Makeup Tips
Follow these tips for the best results with your makeup if you have oily skin.
- Wash your face well with a gentle cleanser and pat it dry before applying makeup. Avoid harsh soaps that can dry out your skin. You want to remove excess oil but you don’t want to develop dry skin instead. Be gentle; scrubbing your skin too hard can cause irritation or other skin damage.
- Choose the right makeup products for oily skin. Below, we’ll explain what to look for when selecting the best makeup products for your skin type.
- Apply makeup lightly and only wear it when you feel you really need it. Heavy makeup can clog pores and make skin oilier.
- Remove your makeup before bed. Leaving makeup on overnight can irritate skin and clog pores, making skin even oilier.
- Clean your makeup brushes and applicators regularly with a mild soap and warm water. Makeup brushes and applicators can harbor dirt, oils and bacteria, which can make skin oily and cause acne.
- Here are some additional beauty tips for oily skin.
- Keep in mind that makeup is not treatment for oily skin. If your want to learn more about an oily skin cure, follow the link. If the oiliness of your skin is particularly problematic for you and you have trouble getting it under control, talk to your doctor or make an appointment with a dermatologist to find out about other treatment options.
What to Look for in Makeup Products for Oily Skin
If you’ve got oily skin, it’s important to choose your makeup products carefully. Here are some things to look for when selecting the right makeup for your needs.
- Look for makeup products that are specially formulated for oily skin. Read the labels carefully. We recommend reading reviews from other people that have tried and used the products, as well. It’s not necessary to choose the most expensive makeup products available but it is important to use good quality products on your skin.
- Look for products labeled noncomedogenic, a technical-sounding word that just means they won’t clog your pores. Products that clog your pores often cause acne and can also make oily skin worse.
- We recommend also looking for hypoallergenic products or products that are specially formulated for sensitive skin. Even if you don’t have particularly sensitive skin, other types of makeup may irritate your skin or cause skin to produce excess oil.
- By the way, these are good things to look for in all skin care products, not just makeup. Use the same care in selecting things like facial cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen that you use in selecting makeup.
- If you have combination skin, which experts say many people do (that just means some areas are oily while others are normal or dry), try to use the appropriate skin care products for each area. That means you might need one product for your forehead and another for your cheeks, for instance. Products designed for sensitive skin can often be used on all types of skin, however, which can simplify your skin care and makeup routine if you have combination skin.
Recommended Makeup Products for Oily Skin
When it comes to oily skin makeup products, the best line of makeup we’ve found is that by Clinique. Clinique products are uniquely formulated for specific skin types and the makeup designed for oily skin helps prevent that oily shine at the same time it reduces excess oil production. In other words, it makes you look good but it’s also good for your skin. To find out more about why we like Clinique oily skin makeup so much and why it is so highly rated by people that use it, just follow the link to Amazon and read the user reviews.
Return From Makeup Products For Oily Skin To Our Main Oily Skin Page