Anti Aging Cream For Men
Occasionally we are asked to suggest an anti aging cream for men. Most anti aging creams and other skincare products are marketed to women, even though men can certainly benefit from a good skincare routine as well. Men often hesitate to purchase products they think are made for women, though.
So what is the best anti aging cream men can use if they want to keep their skin healthy, youthful-looking and free from wrinkles? We’ll tell you about our favorite anti aging cream and give you some other tips for keeping men’s skin healthy and young-looking.
Choosing the Best Anti Aging Cream for Men
Many of the things men should look for in an anti aging skin cream are the same as the things women should look for, including:
- A non-greasy or oil-free formula
- A product that is non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog your pores and cause acne
- Products formulated for their skin type, whether that is oily, dry or normal
- Hypoallergenic formulas that won’t irritate skin
There are some differences in the skin of men and women, though, at least in many cases. Men often have thicker facial skin than women and are less likely to have sensitive skin or to experience allergic reactions to skincare products. While adolescent and young adult men often have oily skin and acne, adult men are more likely to have normal or dry skin. Men are still advised to choose skincare products designed for their skin type, but they may not need to be as picky about that as women do.
Despite some differences in their skin, men are advised to use a good moisturizer for all the same reasons women are advised to use one. A good moisturizer helps skin stay hydrated, making it look and feel firm, elastic, smooth, healthy and young.
Other Anti Aging Skincare Tips for Men
In addition to using a good moisturizer or anti aging cream for men, following these tips will help keep your skin healthy and looking good.
- If you shave, use a good razor. Otherwise shaving will irritate your skin and it may not make you look older but it will make your skin look unhealthy and may actually lead to pimples or a skin infection.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Women are frequently advised to eat right in order to have healthy, youthful-looking skin, but the same advice benefits men, too. Include plenty of fresh fruits and veggies in your diet for the antioxidants that fight damage to skin cells. Include some good sources of omega 3 fatty acids, too, like salmon, cod, olive oil, tofu and walnuts. If those things don’t make it onto your dinner plate often, you can take a fish oil or flaxseed oil supplement, instead. To learn more about what to eat for healthy, young-looking skin, check out our page on foods that prevent wrinkles.
- Drink plenty of water, too. According to the Mayo Clinic, the average man needs about 13 glasses of water each day, and many don’t drink nearly that much. Staying well-hydrated helps keep your skin firm, smooth and wrinkle-free.
- Use a good sunscreen with an SPF (sun protection factor) of at least 30 if you’re going to out in the sun for very long. Excessive exposure to sunlight damages skin, causes wrinkles and age spots (sometimes called liver spots), and also increases your risk of skin cancer. Tanning beds cause all the same problems, so avoid them.
- Don’t smoke. You probably already know smoking is bad for your lungs, but it’s also bad for your skin. Toxins in tobacco smoke damage the collagen in your skin, which leads to wrinkles. If you need to quit smoking but find it difficult, you’re not alone. Talk to your doctor. There are many things that can help you quit.
Our Favorite Anti Aging Cream for Men
Our favorite anti aging cream for both men and women is H-Glow. It’s the best cream for wrinkles we have seen. Suitable for all skin types, this moisturizer contains a number of natural ingredients that work together to hydrate and nourish the skin while fighting wrinkles and other signs of aging. It’s free from flowery fragrances that may appeal to women but that most men want to avoid (and that may also irritate sensitive skin). To learn more about why H-Glow is our preferred anti aging cream, just follow the link.
Return From Anti Aging Cream For Men To Our Main Wrinkles Page