Anti Aging Makeup Tips
We’d like to provide you with some anti aging makeup tips to help you use makeup to your advantage in keeping your skin looking fresh and youthful. Our tips will also help you avoid unintentionally causing skin problems such as acne or irritation by using makeup incorrectly or using the wrong types of makeup. In addition, we’ll provide you with our favorite anti wrinkle tips, which will help you prevent wrinkles from developing in the first place.
Some Anti Aging Makeup Tips
Using the right makeup as well as applying it correctly will go a long way toward keeping your skin looking healthy and young.
- Wash your face gently with a mild soap or cleanser, then pat it dry before applying any makeup.
- Use a good non-greasy moisturizer twice a day. Apply it after washing your face and before applying any makeup.
- Apply water resistant sunscreen before applying makeup. For convenience, you may want to use a moisturizer that contains sunscreen.
- Choose oil-free makeup and other skincare products to prevent causing acne or other skin problems.
- Choose makeup and other skincare products designed for your skin type, whether that’s oily, dry or normal.
- Look for products designed for sensitive skin if your skin tends to be sensitive or easily irritated.
- Look for makeup with labels that say “non-comedogenic” or “non-acnegenic,” big words that mean the makeup won’t clog your pores and give you acne.
- Apply makeup lightly. Heavy makeup tends to make you look older. Light makeup has a more natural, youthful appearance.
- If you have age spots (those brown spots sometimes referred to as liver spots), use a concealer with a peach tone to counteract the brown tone of the spots.
Our Top Anti Wrinkle Tips
You’ve probably heard the saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. While there are plenty of things you can do with makeup to make yourself look youthful, preventing wrinkles in the first place is a lot easier, not to mention more effective, than trying to get rid of them once they’ve developed or trying to hide them with makeup tricks.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sun. It increases the production of melanin in the skin, which leads to age spots. It also makes skin take on a leathery appearance and can make you look much older than you really are. It’s such a common problem there is actually a name for it – photoaging. Of course, excessive exposure to sun also increases your risk of skin cancer. Use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or above when you’re going to be outdoors for any length of time.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying well-hydrated keeps your skin plump and youthful-looking and helps prevent wrinkles.
- Eat a well-balanced diet. Include plenty of fresh fruits and veggies for the antioxidants they contain as well as foods high in essential fatty acids, like salmon and other cold water fish, cold pressed olive oil and walnuts. Visit our page on food that prevents wrinkles to learn more about how you can prevent wrinkles by eating a healthy diet containing the right nutrients for healthy skin.
- Get enough sleep. Getting adequate rest encourages your body to produce plenty of human growth hormone (HGH), which keeps your skin firm and elastic, preventing wrinkles. Not getting enough rest, on the other hand, increases the production of a hormone called cortisol, which causes damage to skin cells.
- Avoid tanning beds, as well. They have the same effect on the skin as exposure to sun.
- Don’t smoke. Toxins in tobacco cause skin damage and wrinkles, according to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD). In addition, the repetitive puckering motion of the lips when smoking can cause fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
Our Favorite Anti Aging Moisturizer
Using a good moisturizer goes a long way toward keeping your skin healthy and youthful-looking. It also helps prevent wrinkles. Some moisturizers are designed to help counteract signs of aging, such as wrinkles. Our favorite such moisturizer is H-Glow. It’s suitable for all skin types and is non-comedogenic. It contains a unique combination of natural ingredients like green tea extract, peppermint oil and rose hip oil that work together to nourish skin and help prevent and repair damage. Use it in combination with the anti aging makeup tips and wrinkle prevention tips provided here for the best results. For more information about our preferred anti aging moisturizer, just follow the link.
Return From Anti Aging Makeup Tips To Our Main Wrinkles Page